Thursday, August 15, 2013

Things lost and found

Found this lovely abandoned nest at Bayland Park last weekend as I was sitting under a hillock surrounded by Eucalyptus trees. It intrigued me and I imagined little hatch-lings that eventually flew away. A dry Eucalyptus leaf was sowed on among the fiber,very strong,maybe that's what attached it to the tree.

The boys were trying to fly their kites,fighting the erratic wind,not succeeding as it came in gusts and died down. Maybe not kite season yet. A Hawaiian festival music played merrily behind me at the picnic spot..the ukulele reminding me of the blue waters and tropical flowers I have yet to see. My heart lurched every time a cool wind nearly blew my straw hat away. I squatted down on the grass and watched people go by,running, laughing,kids playing; life itself in its easy momentum,just flowing. 

I exhaled...







No comments:

Post a Comment